Assure the effective functioning of a facility to provide an efficient and safe working environment for employees and their environment for employees and their activities by using best business practices to manage resources, services, and processes to meet the needs of the company.
- Develop and implement a facility management program including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements.
- Conduct and document regular facility inspections
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards and industry codes
- Allocate and manage facility space for maximum efficiency
- Coordinate intra-office moves
- Supervise maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment
- Oversee facility refurbishment and renovations
- Manage contractor and vendor relationships
- Manage and review service contracts to ensure facility management needs are being met
- Ensure delivery of schedules, quantity and quality criteria are met
- Check completed work by contractors and vendors
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Oversee environmental health and safety
- Assure security of facility
- Respond to facility and equipment alarms and systems failure
- Provide prompt response to requests and issues from facility.
- Generate and present regular reports and reviews of facility-related budgets,finances contracts and expenditures and purchases.
Educational Requirements & Experience
- Bachelors degree in facilities management, facilities engineering or a related qualification in project management, business management.
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of project management
- Working knowledge of financial principles and practices
- Solid computer and systems knowledge
- Supervisory Experience
Key Skills and Competencies
- Communication Skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Negotiation skills
- Problem analysis
- Decision making