Reports are usually generated within 24 hours with the exception of emergencies which are generally
within an hour or less after the completion of the examination.
To be recognized regionally as a world class medical imaging department.
To provide outstanding patient centered care through expertise in medical imaging and interpretation,
technological innovation, and ongoing medical education.
We will provide high quality imaging services in a patient centered environment through our values:
- To always remain focused on the patient’s health and well-being
- To always practice the highest ethical principles.
- To treat all with whom we correspond in a respectful manner.
- To foster an environment of teamwork
- To continually educate ourselves and improve upon our skills
- To be responsible in the use of the resources of Omega Medical Hospital
- To lead by example.
- To provide convenient, efficient, and appropriate care for patients in need of our radiology
services and expertise.
- To provide appropriate clinical education for patients, staff, and members of the public
demonstrating interest in our speciality.
- To maintain a high standard of care by practicing in a safe manner with safe resources and
continuously evaluating and improving upon key processes.
- To provide training and education to all personnel to achieve excellence
- To exceed expectations of all referring physicians and patients as it concerns patient care
MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING (MRI)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is an imaging modality that is found within radiology departments.
It however does not utilize ionizing radiation to produce its images. MRI is an excellent imaging tool for the visualization of soft tissue detail within the human anatomy.
Omega Medical Hospital offers a wide variety of MRIs utilizing a 1.5T state of the art machine.
See below for more information on tests on the various examinations as well as preparation.
Computerized Tomography (CT)
Computed Tomography (CT) uses x-rays to obtain images in a variety of planes as it investigates medical conditions within the body.
Some studies require the injection of an iodine-based liquid which will aid in the better visualization of certain structures. A renal function test outlining your creatinine and Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) is usually needed for contrast examinations as well as we generally ask patients not to eat a few hours before.
CT examinations require a referral from your physician.
Omega Medical Hospital utilizes a state of the art 64 slice machine which allows for faster scanning. This means our patient spends less time in our rooms. This machine also has features which allows for lower doses of radiation to produce optimal images.
A CT scan can be done for practically any part of the body. See information and preparation below:
X-rays are the oldest means of image capture and still remains an essential modality in radiology.
Omega Medical Hospital utilizes the latest in digital radiography which allows for better image quality and with almost instantaneous image capture.
We offer a wide variety of x-rays for our patients and their referring doctors.There is generally no preparation necessary for the great majority of x-rays.
Sonography utilizes high frequency sound waves to look at the body’s organs and not just for fetal or “baby” well-being and sex.
For the examination to be done, a gel is placed on the area to be examined and a probe is moved over the area to obtain the images.
At the Omega Medical Hospital Radiology Department, ultrasounds are performed by both Sonographers and radiologists.
Once the exam is completed, a radiologist will interpret the images and provide a report.
Omega Medical Hospital utilizes the very best technology which allows for a wide variety of We perform a wide variety during of ultrasound studies. See information and preparation below: